Baby and toddler recipes
Oatmeal Delight with Apple
Quick and easy recipe for oatmeal, ideal for 1-year old toddlers and above. This works particularly good for breakfast and a great freezer meal. Serve it with a fruit salad for dinner. Leftovers can be kept in the fridge for several days. This recipe is very healthy and delicious. Yum.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
2 ¾ cups oats (quick or rolled)
¼ cup ground flaxseed (or substitute more oats)
⅔ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¾ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1 cup milk
½ cup chopped walnuts
1 apple, cored and diced (peeled or unpeeled is fine)
¼ cup raisins
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 glass or metal baking dish.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, flaxseed, brown sugar, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.
3) In a separate bowl, whisk together melted butter, eggs, and milk.
4) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and stir until combined well. Gently stir in the walnuts, apples, and raisins.
5) Pour batter into baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Serve with warm milk and a bit more brown sugar on top, if desired.
This recipe was retrieved from https://thrivinghomeblog.com/apple-cinnamon-baked-oatmeal-recipe/